Become a Friend of the Library
Please note: PayPal is NOT required to submit your donation online. After you select an amount, select “Donate with Debit or Credit Card.” On the next page, at the bottom of your card information, make sure “Save your info and create a PayPal account” is deselected.
Benefits of donating
- Friends get first look at items at book sales
- Annual report is emailed to you
- Voting privileges at the annual meeting
- The satisfaction that comes from knowing that your donations directly support El Cerrito Library programs and materials, and that you are in league with peers who care about books, literacy, and libraries, and promote these issues in El Cerrito and nearby communities.
Annual support levels
- $5 monthly donation
- Individual – $10
- Family – $15
- Students & Seniors (65+) – $5.00
- Supporter – $50-$499
- Major Supporter – $500 and above
Or, if you prefer, mail a check or money order to:
Friends of the El Cerrito Library
El Cerrito, CA 94530
Please include a note which support level you are donating.
Friends of the El Cerrito Library is a federally exempt 501(c)(3) organization (Tax ID 94-2533374), allowing your gift to be tax deductible to the extent of the law. In order to ensure Friends has the respect and trust of the general public and that donors and prospective donors will be confident in the Friends group and the causes the Friends supports, we acknowledge all donors have these rights outlined in the AFP’s Donor Bill of Rights.
Interested in volunteering with us?
Friends always need help with preparation tasks for book sales. Working for a book sale is a great way to meet other Friends supporters in our community and it’s fun. Please contact us and let us know if you are able to help us with sorting, organizing, and pickups. Due to COVID, we require all volunteers to be fully vaccinated.