UPDATE 8/16/22: At this time we have all the volunteers we need, but if you are still interested, fill out the Volunteer Application form below and we’ll add you to our waiting list.
The Friends the El Cerrito Library are a group of dedicated volunteers. Their mission is to support the El Cerrito Library and the community it serves. If you are passionate about books, literacy and libraries, please consider joining us!
Activities include 2 hour weekly tasks on Tuesdays and Saturdays:
- Receiving, unpacking, and pricing new donations
- Scanning the ISBN of books to determine value and category
- Shelving donations
- Set up tables for monthly and annual sales
- Create and post book sale announcements
- Help with online sales: pull and pack books for shipping
- Take rejected donations to Recycling Center
- Research older vintage books for actual value
- Work on special projects directed by the President or Volunteer Coordinator
- Brainstorm for new ideas to raise funds
To get started:
- Complete the Volunteer Application form.
- After your application is submitted, Friends will follow up with you to arrange a brief in-person interview.